Tuesday, January 31, 2012

This too shall pass...

Hello again to my followers...

I know it's been a while but I'm going to try and fill you in on what's been going on and what's to come for me. :)

To start, this semester is starting off pretty well. Just to recap, I'm enrolled in Research Credits (which is always awesome) with Dr. Murphy-Hill, Requirements Engineering with Dr. Annie Anton - who is pretty awesome, and Algorithms with Matthias Stallman - who is also quite awesome. Despite the fact that it looks like I may have a light course load, let's also add in the fact that Algorithms is not easy (so far, a lot of math), Dr. Anton is going to make us read and write so the course is very literature heavy, and I'm also a part-time TA/ part-time RA. How you like them apples? ;) Although it's a lot, I'm kind of loving it! :D The classes are interesting, the professors are awesome, and I'm doing things I enjoy. What more can you ask for?  - except for it to be easy of course ^.^

Anyways, things have been going pretty good so far. Submitted my first paper to the ACM Student Research Comp at ICSE 2012 so really nervous about that. I think it's going to be ok, but now I gotta work on the full paper (for this competition, it only needed to be 2) for upcoming conferences such as FSE 2012. Also research related, my partner and I (Yoonki) are working on a prototype of a static analysis tool based off our study that we've done. So far Yoonki's been working on it while I work on the paper but we're going to help each other get better at the other, so it's going to be fun :)

Being a TA isn't too bad, especially under Dr. Murphy-Hill (I call him Dr. E :D ). And the class isn't huge so the grading's not too bad either (and I heard it can get pretty bad). Classes haven't fully picked up yet, but it's definitely getting there, I can feel it.

Sorry to be short...my boyfriend got sick and ended up in the hospital with heart failure so I've been here the past few days helping him get better (and making sure they take good care of him here!). He's getting better and hopefully I'll be able to bring him home tomorrow. In the mean time, I'm praying and I ask that you do to. :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment