Thursday, April 16, 2015

4 down...1 to go...

I recently came to the shocking (albeit looming) realization that in about one year's time, I will potentially be defending my PhD...finishing this long, exhausting, fulfilling, and crazy journey...

But then I thought about the fact that although I will be finishing the journey to my PhD, my journey is just beginning. The scary part is figuring out what that next, new journey is. Especially when all you've known is school and the structure that provides. What happens next? What happens when you don't have an advisor telling you when you screwed up? What happens when someone is coming to you for advice?

I don't have a lot to share right now, mainly because I am literally swamped with work from every angle...but I felt the need to stop and note that this shit is real. More real than it was 4 years ago...and getting more real every day. I just thank God for the support system I've had along the way - bless them for putting up with my shit and helping me grow to become the woman (and future Dr.) I am today.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment