Thursday, September 15, 2011

OBAMA @ NC STATE!

So for anyone who hasn't heard, Obama came to NC State yesterday to talk about jobs....and I missed it!!! I got stopped at the CookOut up the road from school (I'm assuming because he was on his way in). Wednesdays are my busiest days and of course it had to be the day that the President of the United States was coming as well! The only reason I don't feel as bad is because the professor that taught the first class I had that day was supposed to be sitting right behind Obama during his speech but declined in order to make it to class in time to teach us (although I'm not sure if I would have done the same!).

Anywho, I'm starting to see the biggest difference between undergrad and graduate school...reading. In pretty much every class I'm having to do an extensive amount of reading. For HCI, there's new readings posted for pretty much every class, all of which are fair game on the final. For Software Engineering (as I've said) I'm having to write a research paper, which as most of us know entails A LOT of reading. My networks course doesn't require as much reading (especially since the book is so dense) but I have a feeling it's coming. Then there's the Research Reading Group for our lab, which has us reading at least 1 paper a week. I don't really mind it because it's all interesting/beneficial in some way or another, so I'm not so much complaining as I am pointing out the (probably) obvious. :)

My research advisor told Yoonki and I that our next step was to write a short paper analyzing the results we've gotten so far from our practice interviews. I'm a little worried because I've never written a paper of this nature, nor have I had to write a paper with someone else so this is definitely a new experience for me. I'm good at summarizing things, but I have a feeling what Dr. E is looking for may be a bit different than what I'm thinking so hopefully I'll be able to sit down with Yoonki and pick his brain. If that doesn't work, I'll just have to nag Dr. E some more :)

Things are going pretty smoothly right now...this weekend shouldn't be too busy but it's not the end of the week yet, so we'll see!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment