Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ready for another week!

Man time is really flying! I can't believe I'm almost halfway through September already...it seems surreal.

Anywho, I don't have too much as far as updates right now. My partner and I were able to find 2 more people so far to interview (3 really, but we're still waiting to hear from one). The candidates we're getting are coming closer and closer to what we're ultimately looking for (the more experience/understanding the better), so that's good news.

Also, I am in the process of trying to put together the materials for the 2012 Microsoft Research Graduate Women's Scholarship Program . My research advisor (Dr. Emerson Murphy-Hill) nominated me (which is super exciting), so now all I have to do is gather my materials and get them sent off! One of the things I need for the application is a CV (curriculum vitae), which I have never made before, so this will also be a learning experience for me. This scholarship program will give me tuition for next year as well as conference and travel funds (which would come in handy now while I'm trying to buy a plane ticket to Grace Hopper!).

I have a good bit going on right now (particularly with research), but the more I have to do the more productive I am so I can't really complain.

So ready for the week!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment