Monday, August 22, 2011

Still excited...

Hello again everyone!

    Over the weekend, I spent time getting assignments together, working on my research and....my own personal website! :D This is literally my first time creating my own personal website (without using something like LinkedIn or Facebook). It began as a simple assignment for my Software Engineering course but I actually got really REALLY into it and it's lookin pretty good so far! ... I still have some things to work on, but once I'm done I will be putting the link up on here so all my followers (not that I have too many right now) can check it out!

    Another assignment I'm excited about (which is, of course, also from my Software Engineering class) is the semester paper we have to write. It's in the style of deliverables throughout the semester--which I love because it maximizes feedback and the opportunity to get help early in the game. Also, we get the pick the topic so, being that I'm a Ph.D. student, I plan to use this opportunity to start looking into potential research topics for myself and get started on getting some resources lined up. I've been able to narrow my research topic down to a few things: Design Patterns/Design Pattern Componentization, Model-driven Software Development/executable UML, and Agile Software Development/SCRUM. Once I do some deeper research I should be able to make an informed decision as to which topic I want to go with, but I want to make sure and gather all I can about each topic before making a final decision.

    Aside from school, I'm still going through the adjustment phase in my life... a lot of things are still really new to me and I'm still trying to find my niche/schedule that I had when I was at CofC. Finding the most convenient bus route to the library from the Building I work in/have classes in wasn't something I really had to worry about when I was in Charleston (because I could walk everywhere)...So now I have to get used to driving/taking the bus where I need to go (which is not as easy as it sounds, especially when there's like 4 different buses to choose from!). I am so very thankful for my boyfriend right now, without whom I probably would have lost my mind by now! ... I know things are going to get smoother I'm just so anxious for it to happen (and then once it happens and things get busy, I"m going to be freaking out--typical). I am, however, one step closer to my residency here in NC--got my voter registration in the mail today! :)

    Either way, I'm still excited and can't wait to see what's next!

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment