Friday, August 19, 2011

Third First Day (last one I promise!)

Today I had my last first day (only 1 class on Fridays, wooohhooo!).  Again, not a lot to report.

I got to meet the members of the lab I will be working in. I am super excited about working with all of them (especially Yoonki, whose about to do oral exam for his Ph.D.!) Next week at our meeting we will be listening to Yoonki do his practice oral exam and eating PIZZA (compliments of Yoonki)...Although I've got a ways to go before I am doing my oral exam, it's going to be pretty neat to get a idea of what it entails. I also found out that you can attend any student's oral exam if you're interested in their/their professor's research (which I was told is a great way to decide who you want to work with research wise). I obviously already have an advisor but I'm always down for hearing about someone else's research!

I also had my Grad Orientation class today (which was moved to a different room without any notification -- LAME). It seems like I'm going to be able to get a lot from this course (internship/job opportunities, research presentations, etc.) ... I'm also pretty excited about the fact that this class requires no homework, no tests...just attendance. If there's one thing I'm good at it's showing up on time :)

That's all for now...until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment